We Need Good File Hashing Applications

All I want is some application where I can easily pick a file, hash it, and put it on the blockchain. I'm not sure why this isn't already a standard feature on SPV wallets. Bitcoin.com has the notary thing, but I don't have much control when I do this, I want to specifically choose which hashes I associate with which wallet addresses. I also want there to be a way that I can check all these hashes without going to the blockchain, but instead in the wallet application itself. Is there any reason that we cannot have hash functions in the SPV wallets? And would we be able to show which hashes are associated with which addresses? Seems like a simple function that has a lot of uses that we're missing out on.

submitted by /u/Imerman2
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/8v0ndg/we_need_good_file_hashing_applications/

Comments