A Tale of Two Transactions

I recently participated in two nearly identical transactions. One was on the Bitcoin blockchain and the other was on Bitcoin Cash. I don't usually have the chance to compare the two chains head-to-head, so I thought it would be interesting to see how they performed. I was withdrawing coins from a custodial service (the same sender created both txs), so I did not control the fee levels. Here's how it went.

The Bitcoin transaction paid a transaction fee equivalent to roughly $6.50 USD (137 sat/byte) and it took about 30-40 minutes to confirm. This was a native SegWit transaction...pretty much a best case scenario on the Bitcoin network.

The Bitcoin Cash transaction paid a transaction fee equivalent to roughly $0.06 (100 sat/byte) and it took less than 10 minutes to confirm (next block).

The BCH transaction was over 100x cheaper and more than 3x faster to confirm. I think these facts speak for themselves.

submitted by /u/gotamd
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/dqbmyj/a_tale_of_two_transactions/

Comments