Relatively new to holding/investing/using crypto. Serious question, please be cordial and understand I have no ill intentions.

I’m debating which crypto has the best future, i’ve browsed many subs and see a common theme. Every altcoin thinks they are the chosen one and bitcoin believe itself to be the gold standard and everything else to be a “shitcoin”.

Now I know what this sub believes but I would like you to alleviate some concerns I have about bitcoin, and explain why my beliefs are wrong in some altcoins.

First, with BTC, it is my understanding that the blockchain is very inefficient, has slow transition times, and small block sizes. Why is this okay?

Second, with BTC, it is my understanding that china controls over half of the BTC mining power, and that China could essentially destroy the blockchain at any time. Why is this wrong?

Finally, with BTC, it is my understanding that people pool computing power together and these groups can solve multiple blocks in a row. Why is this okay?

Now for the Alt-coins

First, it is my understanding that some altcoins can process transactions much faster, cheaper, and more securely than BTC, why is this irrelevant?

Second, why do you believe XRP and XLM to go to 0, when they have huge corporate partners and can process transactions much faster than BTC?

Finally, why must BTC be this “reference”, crypto for all altcoins, over a stablecoin?

I have lots more questions but any insight is much appreciated. Thank you.

submitted by /u/breakinglucky
[link] [comments]

Comments