Some lightning network stats

Recently I was introduced to this site when someone apparently decided to look through my profile to reply to a comment buried in an unpinned daily thread on r/cryptocurrency to tell me bcash is a scam because LN has more nodes.

I decided to look at what it says about the lightning network, and apparently over 10% of channels are connected to 3 nodes, and over half are connected to just 32. That site didn’t show the median amount of channels, so I looked here. The median amount of channels is only 2, and at least 10% of LN nodes only have one channel.

That doesn’t really look like a decentralized network to me.

Also, something interesting I found when I looked at the profile of the person who replied to me to try to find out why they would be replying to that comment - at one point on r/bitcoin I commented about the censorship from 2015 and someone kept telling me that I didn’t understand consensus because it’s determined by the nodes (not miners or users/businesses who decided which chain to accept or give value, non-mining nodes that relay transactions). The person who responded to me today apparently also didn’t get that and got into a very long argument with the other core troll where they both kept calling each other BCash trolls.

submitted by /u/-__-_-__-_-__-
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/kimmv8/some_lightning_network_stats/

Comments