Help needed to update to BCHN v23 while also running Bitcoin Core on same system

I run both Bitcoin Core and BCHN on the same digital ocean droplet which can be tricky because some of the files share the same names. I need help updating to BCHN v23 without overwriting any Bitcoin Core files. Previously, I accomplished this by downloading the updated node version (but not installing it), then renaming bitcoind and bitcoin-cli to bitcoincashd and bitcoincash-cli and manually placing them into the “bin” folder alongside the bitcoind and bitcoin-cli files from Bitcoin Core. However, for the latest network update (May 15th), this didn't work. The wallet functioned initially for the couple days leading up to the update but then failed to follow the new updated chain after the 15th.

My guess is that I also need to update the library files that are included in the BCHN v23 download but I have no idea where they go. There's also a folder named “include' in the download that has a file I assume needs to be put somewhere for the software to function properly.

Can anyone walk me through how to do the update while preserving my Bitcoin Core files? I have chaintips standing by for your time.

My system is: Ubuntu 16.04.6 (LTS) x64

TIA

submitted by /u/myotherone123
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/nf1vdn/help_needed_to_update_to_bchn_v23_while_also/

Comments