Be safe out there folks. Anyone saying you won something but is telling you that you need to make a deposit to collect winnings is a scam.

I received a random message through discord saying I won .5 Btc from a new exchange called francobit.com. In the discord message it tells me all I have to do is enter a code and I can collect my winnings by withdrawing them to my own wallet or I can use them to trade on their platform. Me being the curious person I am wanted to see how this would play out. So I booted up an old computer that I no longer use and went to the website. It was pretty convincing if I didn’t know better. Used a throw away email and entered the code they gave me. I immediately receive .5 btc in my account. Now the true test. I enter in an address to have the btc sent to. Surprise surprise I’m told I must deposit .01 btc to become a “user” to allow my withdrawal.

If you get this same message or any other like it don’t deposit any of your btc no matter how legit the site looks.

submitted by /u/JBumbStyle
[link] [comments]

Comments