How to invest for retirement in the US today if the dollar collapse in the future?

At age 26 I discovered personal finance and the importance of saving/investing for retirement. I did a large amount of research into the topic (as I always do when something i of great importance and interest to me). I came to the conclusion that I should purchase a few low cost index funds, including the S&P 500, invest regularly, don't try to time the market, don't be an emotional investor etc etc. I thought I knew all I needed to know at this point and could sit back and and let my money do its thing...

But then I read The Bitcoin Standard and The Creature from Jekyll Island and went down the whole 'what is money' and the Federal Reserve scam rabbit holes and my eyes were opened. So, based on the fact that EVERY fiat currency that has ever existed has gone to ZERO....I want to know, what will my ROTH IRA be worth in 30-40 years if the US Dollar collapses before then?

With current levels of inflation, its obviously terrible to hold cash, so what are the most prudent investments to make taking the above statement into account?

I'm asking this question here because I am also a Bitcoiner and hold a large portion of my wealth in it. But I like asset divarication so would like fellow Bitcoiners' opinions on this.

submitted by /u/LoganJones64
[link] [comments]

Comments