Monday 7 March 2022

bitcoin and very common anecdotes in our day to day.

bitcoin and very common anecdotes in our day to day.

A couple of days ago I posted this, I received a DM from someone telling me that I had captivated him and that he wanted to help me, my alerts were immediately activated, nobody gives away 0.5 btc, not even having 100, 1000, or 10000 btc, let alone someone random, these actions only occur in large social events.

To continue the game I sent him a btc address, he told me that he would do it for me later because he was not at home.

I just wanted to know what would happen next, I did not close the door on it being real because although it is unlikely, there are generous people.

we kept talking and he told me he was a software developer and sent me a link to download his software. at this time it was obvious that it sent malware.

I downloaded the software in a virtual machine with an active vpn so as not to reveal my ip, I scanned it with virustotal and there were no results, I proceeded to install it to check what it was doing and notice that it was a modified version of crypto-yank.

it is an old school malware that changes the addresses of btc and other cryptos and replaces them with addresses of the attacker.

anyway

-Never trust the software you install on your computer.

-You are more likely to win the lottery than to receive money from a stranger.

-Always verify the wallets where you will send your coins.

https://i.redd.it/8n4s6gm8msl81.gif

submitted by /u/Just-Sentence8710
[link] [comments]


No comments:

Post a Comment