Crypto.com quietly steals your money

I've been a crypto.com customer for two years now and used their ruby red card as my primary CC. (For cashback)

I do this by sending recurring top ups to my account and then using the card in my day-to-day purchases. About three months ago, I noticed that my balance was basically empty, even though the top up had occurred recently and showed up in the transaction history. At that point I shrugged it off, thinking it was probably a stuck transaction or something like that, hoping it would fix itself. I would've contacted the support then and there but the support feature within the app was broken at that time. Fast forward to a month later and even more money is missing. The support chat within the app still loads infinitely, so I contact them through other means. The first agent told me to export my transaction history manually and just straight up closed the ticket.

I've tried three more times since then, even calculating that my account balance is wrong for them, but they always tell me they will escalate it, then I wait for a day or two usually after which I get connected with a new person that just does the exact same thing again or just straight up closes the ticket.

At this point I've exported my entire account history, calculated my balance (!from their own data!) and the result is I'm basically missing an entire months salary. I'm not sure if this is just pure and utter incompetence on their side or just their business strategy but all I'm left with is reporting them to the financial authorities and warning others about their practices.

submitted by /u/crypto_com_scam
[link] [comments]

Comments