Towards a circular bitcoin economy - please forgive my ignorance

We have all heard of silk road and I'm sure this topic has been discussed in the past, but I'm looking for updated information.

Does anyone know of an online marketplace where goods/services can be listed for sale and traded peer-to-peer for bitcoin legally? Ideally, buyers and sellers could/should remain anonymous, with ratings/reviews serving as the basis of merchant trust (customer trust being unnecessary as we're talking about bitcoin payments only). The service that matches buyer and seller receives a (very) small fee, sort of like Amazon, Craigslist, etc (other than the taking a very small cut part). Private parties would be responsible for paying applicable taxes on any profits made just like a flea market, etc.

I find it weird that I don't know of such a website/service yet and the whole concept seems like a major gap that needs to be filled. Are there legal ramifications I'm not considering that are preventing such a thing? I ask, because this would be the only way I would ever be willing to part with my bitcoin (and even then, I'd just buy more with fiat to replace it) and something that I would really like to see happen someday to cut out all the greedy middle men polluting the current system.

Thanks in advance for your collective insights.

submitted by /u/Apprehensive-Log-849
[link] [comments]

Comments