Bitcoin versus Index Funds; Austrian vs. Keynesian economics; DOUBLETHINK?

Is investing (for decades) in index funds AND saving in Bitcoin at the SAME time an example of cognitive dissonance?

Is this ethical? Do I have a split personality? Is this doublethink? Or is this simply pragmatic, betting on red AND black?

The two exist in completely different economic realities. I believe in the soul of Bitcoin, so I save in Bitcoin. But I also buy into investing with index funds, because I believe in the soul of FI/RE (financial independence/ retire early)…. And well, index funds are the conventional wisdom with historical momentum. (And there is a 401k match, etc…)

One depends on a central bank; the other abolishes it. One relies on the US economy; the other has no borders. One has a counterparty; the other does not. One is non-custodial; the other is a bearer instrument. They are nothing alike !

submitted by /u/Relevant_Bet_2742
[link] [comments]

Comments