Exporting the transaction history for HandCash

Now that we're at the end of the year, I'm consolidating wallet usage history for tax purposes (US). I uninstalled the HandCash wallet after moving my funds out post-fork, since I wasn't going to be using it anymore.

Now that I need the transaction history, I thought I'd look into importing the backed up wallet into Electron Cash for tagging and export. Of course, the wallet backup appears to be a file simply containing the encrypted seed (Base64 encoded). It doesn't appear to be using the standard AES-256-CBC (or the supposedly encrypted string with the m/0' derivation path). I also tried a couple scripts lying around github.

I re-imported the wallet back into a newer version of handcash to ensure the password was correct, and it is, so I figure it's just doing something else. Worst case, I can just do the transaction history manually from the app, but that'd take a while...

Does anyone know how to decrypt the seed found in HandCash wallet backups?

submitted by /u/nok0_
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/aabowf/exporting_the_transaction_history_for_handcash/

Comments