Legacy banking is a joke.

I recently moved from NYC to upstate NY. From an area where there were Chase banks on every corner to an area where the closest Chase is 1-hour away.

I signed up with the most popular bank up here so I could have convenient access to ATMs. I kept my Chase account because I like the convenience of their online banking. So in order to funnel money from one bank to another, I need to connect them through their online portals.

Twenty minutes on the phone with their tech support. Several bugs including the need to click submit several times until error codes go away (without even changing details in the fields), an "email verification" that requests a code but the email includes only a verify button, and literally having to refresh the page and start over in order for changes to update on the browser side.

All that and the accounts still failed to connect. I now have to wait several days for verification deposits to reach my accounts and unlock the ability to transfer between banks.

Anyone who says legacy banking is convenient enough has forgotten about the headaches and annoyances of setting things up in the first place. These are the types of things that Bitcoin will supplant when it matures.

submitted by /u/cerclederp
[link] [comments]

Comments