Wirex app locking accounts without reason citing "security" and playing delay tactics with verification

I've been using wirex cards for a few years now without problems, until recently. Around 2 weeks ago, my account was locked without reason, with a message telling me to email support. I did, they requested ID verification. That's when the delay tactics started, they kept refusing to accept various random details to "prove it was me". This back and forth lasted for about a week, until they asked me to email them a selfie of me holding me my passport - twice in a row (had to be a different picture) - after which I told them my timezone and to email me the reset password link while I was awake...

They emailed to me specifically during a time when I wasn't awake, and the link expires within an hour, so obviously I was never able to click it.

I'm still without access to my account, because when I asked them to resend me the link, they started the entire verification process from scratch, despite them already approving my documents.

At this point, it's either extreme incompetence or malice from their part, but either way, I would advise everyone to avoid this company from now on and if you have an account with them, withdraw all the coins/cash while you still can. Personally, I lost about 500-1000 usd, and at this point I'm not expecting to get it back. It's a shame, seems like there are no good debit cards left at the moment?

submitted by /u/Dismal_Dragonfly1231
[link] [comments]

Comments