My uneducated take on my bitcoin...

(TL;DR Long post of mainly my personal life experience summed up at the bottom.)

When I first bought when it plummeted to under 4k. I watched day by day as my coinbase account allowed for bigger purchases.

I haven't bought much more since and the only time I bought anything was because my bank blocked the transaction to a "legal" betting site. Even then with their added benefits and no fees for depositing with bitcoin over cash, I didn't like it. This was my investment not theirs why should you reap the benefits. I know that sounds crazy when referring to playing to gamble, but it's what I felt.

Buy low and sell high is the main goal of investments but when is high enough? I don't know and I'm in for the long term.

I compare it too gold and silver from 08-13. The economy was bad and the price was extremely high. My grandpa passed away then and left me about 50 1oz silver coins. I was young, just moved to a new state had a crappy job while taking classes to get HVAC certs and Electrical license.

I sold them all. Luckily the price stayed down long enough for me to get more once I had a real job after. But most people didn't. A lot sold everything at shitty cash for gold pop up stores where if you brought in a diamond ring they gave you less than the standard for the gold and nothing for the diamonds while acting like it was such a chore for them to separate the two.

This was a great plain to get the gold and silver out of the everyday, pay check to pay people and into the vaults of the super rich. They knew giving up a little more meaning less paper for the gold was the best long term move.

I know we're talking about apples and oranges but it will happen again and again. I won't sell at the next big spike either. I bought low and im going to see it through.

submitted by /u/nnorthstarr
[link] [comments]

Comments