Is anyone else amazed at the misunderstanding?

Most people I talk to throughout the day have zero clue about Bitcoin divisibility. I've even had people assume you have to trade entire Coin as payment.

It is blowing my mind at how little is actually known about it.

For example, my grandpa is invested in Bitcoin. But it's through grayscale. He was pitched it by a trusted advisor who's guided his retirement thus far; so no complaints. My grandpa had zero clue that the underlying asset has a minimal storage cost; as well as the ability to send fractions of it at the snap of a finger.

I showed him how to download Green wallet on his iPhone and sent him 50,000 Satoshi. Explained the divisibility, explained the proof of work concept that makes (essentially) every transaction older than 6 confirmations "immutable."

Him and I talked about concept of ownership for atleast an hour after that. And how he's always felt at the behest of his broker or accountant or banker as far as getting his money out when he wants.

I'm sure my grandpa will never truly be able to see the full concept of Bitcoin in fruition, but he's now equipped with the knowledge enough to pass along his private keys for actual Bitcoin he owns.

Long live the revolution.

submitted by /u/HeyMistrScaredy
[link] [comments]

Comments