Recovering an old wallet -- was it ever used?

I found my old wallet.dat file on a hard drive, and opened it using pywallet. I'm seeing:

"bestblock": "redacted"

"defaultkey": "redacted",

"keys": [redacted - many are listed, with public, private, etc.],

"names": {redacted},

"pool": [101 different addresses]

"tx": [] <-- Empty array

Does the empty transactions array mean that there was never any money put into it? Or is it worth it to keep sleuthing to see if there's any BTC in there? The debug.log file does contain this at the beginning:

Loading wallet... nFileVersion = XXX fGenerateBitcoins = 0 nTransactionFee = 0 

followed by the addition of those 101 key pools and DNS addresses, but then I'm not seeing any other instances of fGenerateBitcoins, just a long series of got inventory: block XXXX, askfor tx XXX [with values in columns A and B), etc. which I'm guessing are just validating other transactions happening on the chain. There are two Block (blk000X.dat) files also.

Am I SOL or should I keep sleuthing? N00b here, thanks for the input.

submitted by /u/gardenfractals
[link] [comments]

Comments