[AMA] I'm nopara73, co-founder of Wasabi Wallet and wrote for 51% of its code base.. Ask Me Anything

Since this is already the third time, AMA sessions in January are now a tradition for me.

Two years ago I did an AMA here and found it highly beneficial for clarifying my thinking. Last year I aimed to train my mind on the hardest questions there are for someone who's working on a Bitcoin privacy wallet, so I conducted an AMA on the Monero subreddit. And now I'm doing it here.

Wasabi Wallet is an open source, non-custodial Bitcoin wallet for desktop. Today there are only two ways of using Bitcoin privately: JoinMarket and Wasabi Wallet.

Wasabi, since its inception two years ago, grew staggeringly, and we're planning to release the 2.0 version this year. Wasabi could be the last bastion of hope to have widespread privacy in Bitcoin. This is an extraordinary responsibility, which puts us under a lot of pressure. We must do things properly, we must be right, and we cannot afford to be wrong. Therefore, I would like to use this opportunity to get asked challenging, relevant and thoughtful questions from the Bitcoin community. This sub grew many times larger from what it was two years ago. Fresh winds are blowing and I want to know what doubts, opinions and questions are occupying your minds, so I can explore those topics and give you my best possible thinking.

So... ask me anything!

submitted by /u/nopara73
[link] [comments]

Comments