Reminder: Running a full node is easy. Download, Verify, Install.

I know there are many posts telling everyone to get a RPi, put it in the DMZ, attach an SSD, and fire up your node.

Truth is, there are much simpler ways. I run my full node on the same desktop I do my reddit posts from. It's my daily work unit. I did nothing special. Just downloaded the installer, verified it wasn't counterfeit, and installed it. My unit will sleep or hibernate if idle for a few hours so I don't even leave it up all the time. When I check my mail in the morning, it downloads the latest blocks then when it's done the system registers "idle" long enough to go back to sleep. Really not that hard.

You don't need to overthink it. It isn't any harder than installing Mozilla.

submitted by /u/brianddk
[link] [comments]

Comments