Adding "fast" to the dream of Bitcoin. Is Doublespend proofs the BCH way?

I am thinking the dream of Bitcoin includes something like a 10+/- minute confirmation time? I'll state my working definition of "the dream" below. Anyway, for practicality of e-money I think we will need much faster reliability. BTC has just said "no" to speed (and the dream). eCash is working on adding Avalanche code I do not yet grasp. BCH has touted doublespend proofs. Is that all BCH will need/use for speed? I am working on an article and plan to say BCH has that as it's plan. If there is more than that planned for making BCH fast, I would not want to understate the intended BCH way forward.

My working definition summarizing "the dream of Bitcoin":

Secure and sufficiently-decentralized (censorship resistant) e-money for the people of the world without significant inflation or usage fees.

Happy to hear opinions on changing that summary/definition. For instance, opinions on why it might be better to say something like "Peer-to-peer cash" instead of "e-money" would be interesting to hear. If anyone thinks the original dream included faster confirmation speeds that would interest me as well.

submitted by /u/Big_Bubbler
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/suxkpt/adding_fast_to_the_dream_of_bitcoin_is/

Comments