This is an appreciation post to u/1bch1musd for helping me setup and SPV Server for Bitcoin

I would like to thank members of this community, especially /u/1bch1musd, for helping me setup an SPV server for Bitcoin, coming soon for BCH too :). Fulcrum is actually a lot easier to setup for a guy with intermediate knowledge in server setup, but is a strong believer of decentralisation. You guys are just awesome! I also saw major performance boosts in running fulcrum server, especially when trying to sync to an electrum client situated in another part of the world.

It is much faster than Electrs running on mynode (a bitcoin stack; later on I came to know that Electrs was slow enough for scalability and production use as a public server, tested on both raspberry pi and a powerful linux machine). Now I run Fulcrum on my windows-based node alongside Bitcoin Core, which makes sense as I wanted to make use of it rather than just contributing to decentralisation. Now, I'll bring the same fulcrum server to BCH too as I'm planning to run a BCH full node too, on the same computer.

Anyone who wants to use my Fulcrum server on their electrum client for Bitcoin (BTC) (currently) can connect to the same via: fulcrumx.technovanti.com:50025 (SSL)

submitted by /u/Nervous-Inspector-14
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/ti2341/this_is_an_appreciation_post_to_u1bch1musd_for/

Comments