Have SLP tokens losing their value in the SmartBCH world?

A couple of days ago I made this post about flexUSD, where I asked 'Do you use flexUSD?' and the response favored the SEP20 tokens over SLP tokens.

I myself personally prefer SEP20 tokens where as SLP token kind hard to interact with.

Even before SmartBCH was a thing, the SLP or the Simple Ledger Protocol was the smart chain for BCH, with NFTs and tokens that came along it.

However, I had never brought any because I always found it hard to do anything with it since there was a limited platform and utility.

Then SmartBCH happened and being an EVM sidechain it changed everthing.

The Impact of it: on SideShift there use to be a small selection of SLP tokens that you could have exchanged for different coins or tokens. However, a couple of weeks ago SLP tokens became 'Temporarily Disabled' and now they have been removed from it completely.

I still hold some flexUSD for the interest the wallet provide, which I had recently converted from SEP20 token to SLP of about $10 (Don't laugh, I am poor. Ok) just for the sake of it all. I have got about 0.5% back in 1 month as interest for now.

Now, apart from CoinFlex exchange I don't have any other way to change my SLP token to either mainnet BCH or SEP20 token.

While this is all for fun and games I still wonder would SLP tokens still exist in the time to come?

Suppose if my $10 in flexUSD becomes $11 from interest would I still be about to use it?

submitted by /u/that_one_indian_dude
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/tzyvh2/have_slp_tokens_losing_their_value_in_the/

Comments