Air Gapping / Dice Entropy | What's the deal?

Air Gapping / Dice Entropy | What's the deal?

I'm over here with my basic seed phrase and passphrase; backed up in 4 places... two for passphrase and two for seeds. Using a Model T Trezor. Below is a representation of my set up:

Found this online... shows what I'm doing pretty good; forgot who posted it so sorry for no credit...

I feel pretty secure with this set up... but after reading articles from high level users it has me questioning some stuff. It seems like I re-evaluate this every 5 months... remember the though process for what I did... then move on; however, I'm still curious to hear some of the communities answers on these questions:

  1. Is the entropy used by my Trezor Model T "good enough" to protect my wealth? (aka is the dice rolling technique really that much more superior?)
  2. How big is the risk of a non-air gapped system? Are there actual examples of wire connected devices being compromised in the real word?
  3. Bonus question: I see a lot of people recommending a 2/3 multi sig... but the requirement to sore the xPubs for all three HWWallets with each backup site seems pretty cumbersome. Other than a reduction of required sites from my current setup (3 places instead of 4)... I'm curious why multi sig is worth it for the individual.
submitted by /u/Complex_Carb
[link] [comments]


Comments