Ryan X Charles, lets talk.

Unfortunately, I have to talk to you and not the man himself, because you are the only one that is even willing to broach the subjects of contention in the bitcoin[continued] community, yet you still don't go all the way.

One of the reasons why I had a guttural reaction to, and rejection of core, is due to their bad stewardship of the bitcoin project. Bitcoin is not just economics and technology. Eventually, that will be all it is, but we need adoption and to that end, we need everything working in our favour. We need it fast.

To me, allowing tx fees and confirmation times to skyrocket, willingly, showed a complete lack of understanding for the 'everything else' of bitcoin. The business, the adoption, the 'growth hacking' side of it. If I was the owner of the bitcoin company and blockstream/adam was the CEO I would have fired them instantly. Real business owners like Roger understand this. It showed core to be poor stewards of the bitcoin project, with a huge misunderstanding of some fundamental business concepts.

If CSW has the correct plan, why can't he or you just articulate why? Why does CSW have to just attack everyone verbally, and force everyone to follow him on faith instead of explaining his reasoning? I saw Amaury had asked for CSW's reasons for rejecting his proposals and CSW just banned him from the slack (or whatever tf it was). Why couldn't he just explain? If it made sense Amaury would agree, and even if he didn't most would. The community split because CSW refused to treat anyone with any common decency.

Instead of avoiding a split and keeping everyone together, he refused to be nice. He would rather split the community, have to rebuild all of the network effects for SV, losing a huge amount of adoption and community, than just be nice and explain? Why?

He could have had the whole bitcoin cash community, but simply explaining what he means and being nice was too high a price to pay. Can't you see that this makes him a terrible steward of the bitcoin project?

He is like Howard Hughes, incredibly intelligent, but working as hard to undermine himself as he is to achieve something.

I support ABC, but I'm not selling my SV, if you guys can do it, great. I only support ABC because SV has given me no reason whatsoever to support them, just threats and confrontation.

I've been in bitcoin from 2012. Bitcoin Cash gave me renewed hope but I am in despair at the moment. I do doubt that bitcoin can ever actually make it now. What if he causes another contentious split? Will you learn the second time? Why is his behaviour ok? How are you going to bring on, for example, BitPay or other big users? Is CSW going to go and tell them he has more money than them and that we don't need them? I'm all ears seriously. You clearly know something I dont

submitted by /u/BenIntrepid
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/9zzvt4/ryan_x_charles_lets_talk/

Comments