Let's Talk About Price: A Pick Me Up in Dire Times

Let's get a couple things out of the way. Short term price fluctuations do not matter. Long-term adoption, a clear roadmap, competent developers, miner support, and ecosystem/infrastructure are what matter.

This of course, does not help to mitigate the pain of short-term losses. If you're like me, you've lost a lot of money in the past year. It's small comfort to know that the entire market is going through it's cyclical, post-bubble readjustment. BCH, more than most of the other top coins/tokens, has gotten an unbelievable beating in the past 11 months, all culminating in the travesty of the hash war.

As if this wasn't demoralizing enough, if you seek to learn from or contribute to other crypto forums, you have to endure an endless stream of negativity dumping on BCH as a scam coin, a shit coin, etc. This is now compounded by a sustained attack of rented fingers typing out endless drivel about SV.

When I feel my convictions wavering, I remind myself:

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. -Mark Twain

Perhaps this makes me a fool. Maybe they're all right and they see the picture more clearly than I do. At the end of the day I can't reconcile that potential reality with the absurdity of Core's choices to strangle the BTC chain or the blatant ripoff that is SV. BCH may not have all the answers, but it's still got the Bitcoin legacy, the innovation, the development team, the miners, and the marketing to become what it purports to be: peer-to-peer electronic cash for the entire world.

That's why I'll be buying more BCH tomorrow, and next month, and the month after that. That's why I'll be trying to use it in commerce as much as possible. And that's why I'll continue to ignore the cesspool of trolls and power-brokers that seek to sink this upstart minority fork.

I urge you to ignore the negatives and focus on the positive. I continue to believe that those of us here now will eventually be rewarded with a return (in purchasing power, NOT fiat) orders of magnitude greater than anything seen in 2011, 2013, or 2017.

submitted by /u/BCH-Withdrawal-Prob
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/a1weoc/lets_talk_about_price_a_pick_me_up_in_dire_times/

Comments