BINANCE: Withdrawal Refuse Alert - Reason:Security Risk

I have posted this on Binance's subreddit yesterday but it was deleted instantly...

Later I have posted on /r/bitcoin, but that thread got locked.

I will post it here too, because I want to warn everyone about Binance's practices... Ethical or nor, acceptable by you or not, judge for yourself.

-------------

My first and only withdrawal at Binance (of 1 BTC) was refused. Email received:"Reason:Security Risk."

I have Google Authenticator, confirmed it by email, so everything should be OK, but..."security risk".

I have logged back and on withdrawal page I got message:" Your withdrawal function has now been disabled. Please proceed to complete your identity verification."

On verification page I have find out that I couldn't verify even if I wanted to because my country is "restricted". Not sure why, because my country is not under any sanctions, but OK it's their right to refuse to provide services to whoever they want, but I couldn't know this because on signup page they ask for email only.

And I didn't wanted verification. From what I have found before I signed up, verification is necessary for higher limits. I didn't needed that. I don't higher limits and KYC go against one of the biggest foundational philosophies of the Bitcoin which is anonymity. So I thought 2 BTC is enough.

But, right now even 1 BTC limit would work for me. Allow me to withdraw my money (REFUND ME) and close my account.

And they allow deposits. My deposits are still working, just withdrawals are disabled. (LOL?)

If anyone from Binance is here, I don't want to post my account details here. You can find them in ticket 1209417.

Please, simply process my withdrawal which you refused and close my account.

-------------

AFTER I POSTED THIS ON BINANCE'S SUBREDDIT, IT WAS DELETED INSTANTLY, AND I HAVE RECEIVED NEW EMAIL FROM THEM, ASKING FOR EVEN STRICTER VERIFICATION!

In addtion to scan of my ID, selfie while holding ID I need to:

"3. A video in which you need to appear in it and hold the handwritten note and ID card, driver license passport, and repeat this exact phrase clearly: "today is date/month/year, unlock withdrawal for my Binance account"

AND

In addition to that, please answer the following questions:(1) When did you register your account?(2) In which IP address did you register your account?

They are not asking me to dance with Happy by Pharrell Williams in background...yet.

But I expect that they will if I keep posting this... I will have to dance naked, while holding ID, handwritten note and funny hat.

submitted by /u/Wrehyeartt
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/acurws/binance_withdrawal_refuse_alert_reasonsecurity/

Comments