BTC Maximalist turned BCH supporter

Hi there lovely people of /r/btc!

As of recently I used to describe myself as being a "Bitcoin Maximalist", specifically referring to BTC. But as of today, I won't be doing that anymore. What I used to love about BTC is no longer a reality. It's no longer the peer-to-peer electronic cash system being described in the white paper.

What took you so long to realize this you might ask? Well, being around Bitcoin and using it since 2010/2011 made me hate the idea of forks. If it wasn't BTC, I didn't consider it to be Bitcoin despite being better in many ways. The BTC community bashing Bitcoin Cash whenever they can didn't make it easier either. It even got so bad that I've been wearing Blockstream merch for the last couple of months. (Yes, even as of writing this)

I suppose it's better to realize it late rather than being a stubborn BTC maximalist hoping for the mess that's Lightning to improve. The usability of BCH on-chain is so much better than BTC on-chain. Something that I also like about Bitcoin Cash is the community. You don't start censoring people and call them scammers as soon as they have another view on things.

Let's spend 2019 improving Bitcoin Cash and its adoption. I wish the BTC community the best of luck improving Lightning as on-chain is barely viable anymore.

Thank you to all the developers and supporters that makes Bitcoin Cash so great!

submitted by /u/e3b0x1
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/b9tm2q/btc_maximalist_turned_bch_supporter/

Comments