The 12 word wallet recovery sucks. Is there a better way?

Why do all wallets have the 12 word recovery? I never thought of losing my phone but did so a few weeks back. I have the 12 word recovery written down and got my bitcoin.com wallet back. What I didn't realize was that I had created two other wallets and had funds in them but didn't write down the recovery words. I know I know. My bad blah blah blah so foolish etc. But I'm a pretty responsible person who is fascinated by this stuff. If joe blow with a plumber's crack is going to adopt BCH and use it to go pick up a sixer at the packy on Friday afternoon getting funds back needs to be easier. He will write the words down on the back of a pack of Marlboro's and lose it. It's not going in a fireproof safe, a trezor or any other of the suggested places of safe keeping commonly discussed. There will be so many lost satoshis by people not knowing how to recover them because they didn't write the words down.

Is there a way to smooth it out? Simplify it? There's a real opportunity there but I haven't a clue about programming.

submitted by /u/dougsdesserts
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/d5qny0/the_12_word_wallet_recovery_sucks_is_there_a/

Comments