Why Bitcoin exists (a true story)

This all starts on Labor Day. I sell some investments from a company that rhymes with Delity. The only option is to get a check mailed so I choose 2 day shipping ($25) and live with it. I call them the next day (they are closed on Labor Day) and ask for a direct deposit and am told it takes 10 days to verify a bank account...so check it is. Today the check arrives, so on my lunch break I go home, get the check and go to my local (national) bank to deposit the checks. I am told that a hold was being placed on both due to them being over $5,000 and some would be available Saturday and the other half would be available a week from now. So all I wanted to do was sell some investments to buy Bitcoin and 4 days later I’m 7 days away from getting my money.

Bitcoin fixes this.

submitted by /u/disinterestedcpa
[link] [comments]

Comments