PSA: **Potential** scam going around on Telegram. I had a random dude DM me asking me if I had any issues/complaints with Electron Cash. I said no. He then said "Thank you. We are here to serve you better." but I have NEVER seen him ANYWHERE in BCH channels, and he's not in the EC Telegram.

His display name was Kevlin, and his profile picture is of a dude in a suit.

EDIT: He just changed his display name to "Ray" and removed his profile picture. Definitely a scammer.

The only people I know that would contact me regarding Electron Cash stuff asking for feedback would be Calin, Jonald, Cramer, etc.

This dude is not in ANY Telegram groups that I'm in, not even the Electron Cash Telegram. Yet he appears to be representing Electron Cash.

Be very cautious when someone DMs you about various wallets and if you have any issues with them. It's likely that if you have complaints, they'll then ask you for your recovery seed so they can "help you".

This also applies to Crescent Cash, though I've not had any reports of people doing this with Crescent Cash. Know that if anyone asks you if you have feedback regarding Crescent, it will be me, and that I will never ask you for your recovery seed.

Be cautious, and don't share your recovery seeds!

submitted by /u/_pokkst
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/e0anb0/psa_potential_scam_going_around_on_telegram_i_had/

Comments