Alternatives to rest.bitcoin.com?

TL;DR: What are some serious alternatives to rest.bitcoin.com (free or paid) offering JSON REST API?

Having no time and resources to maintain my own full node/indexer servers, I have used multiple remote APIs to interact with the BCH blockchain. Sadly, most of them are unstable and tend to quickly die.

I have used Bitprim.org, which went out of business during last year's hard fork upgrade without prior warning and returning incorrect data to its clients. I have used bitcore.io from BitPay, which returns incorrect data for unconfirmed transactions and also has very little documentation - most of the endpoints are not documented. I have used Blockchain.com in the past but they do not support BCH. I tried using BTC.com but they do not support the CashAddress format (so I assumed it is not maintained).

Finally, the best service I used so far is rest.bitcoin.com, it has little downtime and is very well documented. The only issue I faced when I started using it is that it does not serve requests over TOR, which is not a big deal.

The problem is that its quality is decreasing over time. There is more and more downtime, they recently dropped support for testnet (trest.bitcoin.com) WITHOUT WARNING and nothing is said about this in the documentation, the site still says it is fully operational and the error message returned says nothing about the endpoint being obsolete/deprecated. Moreover, they do not seem to maintain their repo, tons of issues are open without answer, I submitted a pull request to it and have received no answer/comment so far.

I am now looking for serious (reliable, documented...) alternatives. I am willing to pay for an API key. Thank you!

submitted by /u/merc1er
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/fyydwa/alternatives_to_restbitcoincom/

Comments