I didn't realize what people meant when they said "When the time comes, you won't have to sell your Bitcoin", Until Now:

The one thing people don't realize Bitcoin is for. You can take out loans on it. So in 10 years when you want a house, or duplex, or triplex, or apartment, or business; you can take out low interest rate loans for them with your Bitcoin, and buy that house, or rental property, or business you want. Something you could never do before any other way. This is what Bitcoin does for you. It grants you the net-worth and financial access so you can have the ability to get loans you could never get approval for before. Something as small as 20$ a month for 1 year or more, 10 years from now, can get you a loan for that house, or business you want but could never afford, or get an approved loan for.

This is also better than selling your bitcoin for a property too. Because chances are, the Bitcoin will be a better investment value wise in the long run, so collateralizing it let's you keep your coin, and get your property, or business. Preferably a rental property, or solid proven business so it pays itself off.

>Edit: A little example of how I realized this lesson the hard way. I lost a bit over 100 million dollars worth of Bitcoins in today's value by selling off almost 1.5 times the value of my first rental property that I'll most likely never recoup. The rental property was 3.87 million at the time, and I had to sell over 5 million dollars worth in Bitcoins at an average of 500$ a coin price in 2015 to acquire it. That was a little over 11 thousand Bitcoins I had to sell for the property. I had to sell off that much because I had to pay off the capital gains tax for selling the Bitcoins in the first place, and still have enough left over to pay for the rental property after capital gains taxes were paid. Since then, I learned my lesson seeing what my coins would've been worth today, and am never making that same mistake again. On my second rental property, I used some of my remaining Bitcoins as collateral to take out a low interest rate loan for it, and sold a smaller amount of Bitcoins so I could make a down-payment on the property. I've already recouped the small amount I sold off in Bitcoins for my down-payment on the second property too with the rental income from both properties.

>The rental income on the second property is 4 times the cost of the mortgage payment every month, so I keep 75% of the rent as profit, and the other 25% that pays off the mortgage. That 25% that pays off the mortgage is a write off too, a perpetual write off at that. It's a write off I get to use on every years taxes that I have to pay on the first property's, and second property's rental income since they're owned under the same entity. And best of all, I still own all my Bitcoins used for the second property, and more now. Unlike the huge loss in Bitcoins I have for the first property's flat out purchase that I'll probably regret for the rest of my life. Learn from me.

Edit 2: A great resource explaining this thanks too u/statoshi's comment: "Check out Chamath Palihapitiya's spin on this from 2014": https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NV5ubkGQUes#t=81

submitted by /u/DmMeYourBitcoin
[link] [comments]

Comments