convince me these aren't true

It's been a long time for me in Bitcoin. I know what this subreddit thinks will go down in November, and I don't think it's going to pan out the way we want.

Convince me I'm wrong about any of the following.

  • The market doesn't care about ideology

    See BCH vs BTC, and see BSV for example. If satoshi's vision was important it would've won because that was their whole premise. If being more de-centralized and having bigger blocks was all that mattered, BCH would've won.

  • Passion is important, but money talks

    Believe me, I'm all for the philosophy of Bitcoin Cash. However, the masses do not care and just want a product that is simple and that works. Even WITH funding, it's not a guaranteed path. Relying on donations is not sustainable.

  • The non-IFP services/businesses will be replaced

    Of course I don't want to see people shutting down their services or leaving crypto, but if you have someone offering X for free (through altruism or whatever), you can find someone to build the exact same thing if you offer them $100,000+/year. In fact, I'd argue it would end up being more reliable and polished.

  • ABC will retain the ticker

    I see all the hash posts, I see all the community members banding together, but the exchanges are in charge of tickers. I just don't see the scenario (even with minority hash), that BCH is awarded to the non-ifp crowd. Especially if it requires upkeep/maintenance to do so.

  • the mining tax doesn't break "Nakamoto consensus"

    The DAA was a core change that we have no issue with. Why? Because all the hash and miners agreed to it. Even with a split, the people that remain on ABC have agreed to the ruleset of giving 8% of the coinbase.

  • Bitcoin Cash is not dead

    Bitcoin Cash is the idea of continuing the Bitcoin experiment of trying to make decentralized P2P cash. I don't think it dies this november even if ABC wins.

submitted by /u/sayurichick
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/il03k9/convince_me_these_arent_true/

Comments