BTC-ing out of a bad situation

TLDR: bitcoin gives me something to hope for.

I don't come from poverty, just a standard middle class upbringing. In many ways I had everything I needed, but lost a lot as time went on. I lost my dad. I lost a lot of friends, and now I feel like I'm losing my mom to alcoholism. I work hard, and try to keep everything together but it never feels like enough, and the dread of impending, increasing living/housing costs.. not just for me, but my future children.. feels like a lead weight on my shoulders. I can't even watch the news anymore, listening to politicians tell me that inflation is "good, actually" just makes me feel sick.

2 years ago I started to read about bitcoin. It sounded fresh and alternative and.. hopeful. I didn't invest until Aug 2020, buying 1 btc for around 10k. This was what I'd saved for my future (not my essentials), and I basically thought "if this turns out to be something small.. at least it's something in the sea of nothing, and that would be worth the risk". People told me I was stupid of course. But, I researched and I stayed strong. And here I am today, 3x up in a 'dip'.

Even in the worst most uncertain times, btc represents hope for me. When I'm struggling with my day-to-day, I just remember that there's a light at the end of the tunnel and that everything I do doesn't have to just burn away to nothing. That I can protect my earnings and secure my future, myself.

I'm really grateful for this community, and appreciate everyone. Thank you.

submitted by /u/SaraJuno
[link] [comments]

Comments