Buying and holding small amounts of BTC, worth it?

I'll start by saying that I have basically zero knowledge of bitcoin and crypto-currency. Bear with me here.

Recently i've been interested in bitcoin and i'm wondering if I could make some money off this. I'm just a kid and I don't have a lot of money to my name. Could I potentially make some sort of profit by buying around 50 dollars of bitcoin and holding it? The price seems to fluctuate a lot so I could either get very lucky or very dissapointed.

My Dad is setting up an investing account for me, so I think this is a good opportunity to dip my feet in the world of investing and I could learn some good information. Also, I'm not expecting to get rich off of bitcoin, maybe just some cash to help with car insurance.

All advice is appreciated.

submitted by /u/Pajama_Alarm
[link] [comments]

Comments