Sold my btc for a loss ... am I alone?

Not meant to be sob story just needed to vent a little. I'm posting this so I guess I'm asking for it (neg comments) but be warned no one can make me feel lower at this moment. I am happy for all who were able to hodl through though! There is a little comfort knowing you were right about this.

Long story short: I bought btc on that massive pump in 2017. End of 2018 I had 2 choices become homeless or sell the only thing I owned and keep a roof over my head.

I had always said I'd never sell my btc. "I'd go homeless first!" Ha! When homelessness became an actual possibility ... you find out where your priorities actually are. It was just as btc was capitulating down to 3-4 k region (timing ... I know).

I held out as long as I could. I maxed out credit cards. I liquidated the small 401k I had. I submitted hundreds of resumes. I ate flour & water pancakes for months. It was inevitable, I had to sell my btc; right around 4k if memory serves.

My job is not steady and dependent upon tips. Couldn't come up with $$$ to get back into btc especially during these lockdowns. I was trying but btc decided to run up without me.

Congrats to all you hodlers that didn't have to sell like me. I mean that! I'm glad that some of us "little guys" are going to get ahead in this world!

Thanks for letting me vent a little.

submitted by /u/nutsbreathe
[link] [comments]

Comments