A very good summary by Michael Saylor, incl. his chats with Musk (who is more sane than he likes to pretend)

It's at this link. A quote:

"I think it became pretty clear that we, the Bitcoiners, have a good story, but it's a very complicated story. And we need to find a way to share our story and to educate [...] My first thought was there is no point in us tweeting back and forth at each other because I don't think a 288-character twitters are right ways to educate the public and build consensus.

"So I reached out to Elon and I spoke with him and we had a very long conversation and [...] I asked him if he had relationship or had met with Bitcoin miners [...] Elon [...] said we would all benefit if we were able to publish energy usage and sources of energy usage data. It turns out that Bitcoin miners don't actually have a good form for communicating how they generate their energy. We don't have a shared common model for energy usage right now. [...]

"I asked Elon if he had relationships with the miners and he said he'd like to meet them, so I reached out to the miners and I asked them if they'd like to meet Elon Musk, and they said yes, they would. And so we set up a meeting because he wanted to understand how they are mining and what their plans and futures are, and they wanted to understand his concerns, and we wanted to understand how we could be the good guys inthe entire ESG debate [...]

"And so I think that the group came together to get Elon's thoughts and for us to brainstorm on what we can do in order to communicate constructively to the entire industry and avoiding reinventing the wheel, right?"

submitted by /u/JanPB
[link] [comments]

Comments