PSA:Do Not Try To Redeem BTC In Your Microsoft Account

Wednesday I attempted to redeem BTC to make a few game purchases, and the funds were removed from my wallet.

Thursday afternoon, my Microsoft account was still not credited.

After speaking with customer support, they offered no real solution to the issue other than escalating it to another team.

24 hours later, without hearing back from anyone, I contacted customer support again...same story.

I decided to just try my luck one more time, and it was revealed to me that the option was removed in December. Though I had seen posts on it in the past, I thought it was OK because there was no official announcement from Microsoft, and they had a guide on how to redeem bitcoin which was updated in March 2018.

The customer support representative confirmed that this was an error, as was the "redeem bitcoin" link, reaffirming the fact that they no longer accept BTC.

So, 48 hours after the initial transfer, still no resolution and they say that it could take up to 72 more hours to 'get to the bottom of this.'

Pretty disappointing, to say the least. I'm sure I'll be credited in some way, either via refund or through the original transfer, but I am pretty appalled that the company is allowing BTC purchases to be made, complete with a guide, without actually accepting it.

https://imgur.com/a/ikv9rws

submitted by /u/mGueraMorena
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/8woigt/psado_not_try_to_redeem_btc_in_your_microsoft/

Comments