I'm going all in (hear me out before you downvote)

Normally, I'd would say that anyone who is willing to put 100% of their assets in any one thing is absolutely nuts. However, my situation is quite unique. I am 22 years old and going to graduate with a degree in engineering this coming May. I have no student loans, no debt, and no gf.

As soon as I graduate, I am moving to rural Africa for 2.5 years with a guaranteed living wage and heath insurance. I will receive ~11K USD when I return in fall 2022. I am only able to bring 100 lbs of my things.

I have been steadily accumulating BTC and a few shitcoins since late 2016. I remember the euphoria of the 2017 bull run vividly. I firmly believe that Bitcoin specifically is going to be the solution to the global debt problem and is bound to displace gold and a large portion of most fiat currencies. I can't imagine that there will not be another outrageous run-up between now and when I return.

Over the course of the next 6 months, I plan to slowly sell everything that I own (a car and a few other nice things) and be 100% invested in crypto by the time I step on the plane to leave the country. I won't be too hurt if I lose everything because I can always stay with my parents for a few months when I return, if necessary. I don't particularly need the money and my risk tolerance is very high.

Best case scenario I get enough money to fund my dream of living in a van and being a ski bum on the west coast for a few years. Worst case scenario I end up staying at my parents until I get a big boy job. Fuck it, we ball.

Thanks for reading, what are your thoughts?

submitted by /u/-trippydicks-
[link] [comments]

Comments