My BTC adventure

So this is more a story of an opportunity lost than a story of regret.

But, I do regret this at least a bit.

I heard of Bitcoin around 2009 to 2010. The coins were around 50 dollars when I first read an article on them and they fluctuated up and down from there.

My first experience was mtgox and then coinbase. I made an account and would buy 20 bucks worth of coin at a time. See, I used the coin to buy music from Russian sites for 10 cents a song roughly instead of a dollar here. So I'd spend that 20 on a few albums and then reload it whenever I'd think of new mp3's to buy.

Well after around 5 or 6 albums I decided I was set on music for a while and I just left 20 bucks on coinbase just to see what happened. Well, I forgot about it.

At that time the coin was around $80 for one, then shortly after it was $100 for one. I really wanted to buy one whole coin, but that would have been a third of my paycheck at the time and I just couldn't afford to gamble it.

As I said, I forgot about the coin completely for like 6 months.

Another article popped up about how bitcoin was shooting through the roof and so I checked on it. My 1/8th of a coin netted me $140. The rumor mill was out that it was surely tanking soon so I sold it when one coin was worth around $1400.

I then took that extra $120 and enjoyed a full tank of gas and a night out or two. I figured a reinvestment wouldn't be worth it as it was too much for one coin and forgot about it again.

It tanked for a week to like $800 and I thought good job to me! Patting myself on the back.

Then it hit 4k, 6k, 8k, 14k, 20k.

That 20 bucks would have netted me 5k if I had just let it ride. And if I had just managed to buy one coin I'd have paid cash for my next vehicle.

This lesson reminds me alot of people's skepticism of Microsoft and the people who missed an opportunity. The point being, always let a small amount ride and see. Take the risk!

I made a huge return on my investment. I had 140 dollars I didn't have before.

But hey, it could have been A LOT more.

submitted by /u/Thesearchoftheshite
[link] [comments]

Comments