Two years ago, one year ago, today

Two years ago today I owned 1.12BTC at an average purchase price of $4500

Prices had already dropped a great deal from the months prior, but I remained calm in my hodl mentality -- the price was still well above my average, after all. That changed quite rapidly and I sold it all at my break even point, only taking a loss on fees.

It wasn't that I got scared - I was two years in the game by then - I just got greedy. I had every intention of buying right back in at around 3k -- increasing my stacks and lowering my average.

I watched it hit my target and didn't buy back.

I watched it rally back above my previous average and didn't buy back.

I was left with 0.0BTC and a handful of shitcoins that weren't worth the trouble.

I watched it exceed $10K and *then* I finally started thinking about buying back.

----------

One year ago today I had .3BTC at an average price just above $10,000

Today I have 1.65BTC at an average price of $9500. I'm always a bit sore about my mistakes, but have never been more firm in my belief in Bitcoin.

I'd likely have double that right now - at a lower average price, to boot - had I never fucked around, but am fortunate to hold what I have (and still stacking)

----------

Don't time the market. Don't try to be slick.

Dollar cost average. Never sell.

Buy the dips whenever you can catch them. Buy anyways whenever you can't.

submitted by /u/neversellbtc
[link] [comments]

Comments