Why did Satoshi not create a system with transaction per second high enough to preclude the need for the hard fork to BCH?

I am not a programmer, nor do I have allegiance to any coin. Just trying to learn.

I was excited about bitcoin's promise of monetary freedom but after doing my research, I'm disillusioned by the difficulty to transact and maintain anonymity in BTC. I am US-based, bought my first crumb of BTC at an ATM recently, I own a trezor...

Sadly it feels like I can't do what the original promise of BTC advertised. So I wonder why the original system has those small blocks which dictate the slow TPS. Seems like it was set up to fail? (No, I haven't read the whitepaper yet.)

Thanks in advance for the help.

submitted by /u/bigwaves5
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/k9lpnj/why_did_satoshi_not_create_a_system_with/

Comments