Feature or bug? Bitcoin.com wallet displaying the receiving address as “From” when viewing transaction.

I sent some BCH from one wallet to another. In the sending account, the UI displays the correct address as “To”. However, the receiving account displays the same address as “From”. Now I appreciate that when a transaction has multiple inputs, some with different addresses, is there really a meaningful “From” address? I see this behavior on every BCH transaction. I’m running version 6.11.7 on iOS.

So am I seeing a bug, or is the field just not labeled accurately? Like, should it be labeled “received to”? I contacted Bitcoin.com app support, but they said they couldn’t escalate the issue unless I could import my seed phrase into a second device.

The way it is, it’s like my wife saying “I got a letter” and when I ask where it’s from she says “our mailbox, not the top one, but the bottom one.” When she should really say “it’s from /u/MemoryDealers”.

submitted by /u/TheRealBeakerboy
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/mbnwbd/feature_or_bug_bitcoincom_wallet_displaying_the/

Comments