Over $40k of CryptoCurrency Stolen

I'm really devastated. Just looked at my wallet today when I was thinking of buying more bitcoin, all to to find out all my cryptocurrency is gone -- valued over $40,000. I spent years earning it and resisting pulling it out, hoping I could eventually use it to pay for college tuition.

Here are the facts:

  • I have a Ledger Nano S wallet.

  • That wallet had 4.77 LTC, 4.48 ETH, and 0.73 BTC.

  • The Ledger generated a passphrase containing 24 words.

  • I recorded that passphrase on a piece of paper and hid it.

  • No one had or has access to that paper.

  • That passphrase (those words) were NEVER entered anywhere. (Not even on my phone)

  • On February 24th at 5:45 AM Eastern Time, the BTC was stolen.

  • On the same day, at 6:46 AM and 6:48 AM, the ETH and LTC, respectively, were stolen.

  • I also has a Trust Wallet.

  • I had $1500 worth of NPXS and $1000 worth of TRX in that wallet.

  • On February 24th at 6:48 AM and 6:55 AM both of those were stolen.

  • The passphrase for the Trust Wallet is saved as a screenshot on my iPhone.

  • My iPhone has not left my possession.

  • My iPhone has a 6 digit passcode.

The recipient address for the BTC is: 3EP2Bq6yMpXQc3TvoxLtwDsd1tg2A59CJs

Note: Both wallets were hacked on the same day at around the same time. Both had separate passphrases.

No one has access to that paper and that the thief’s wallet address for BTC has other larger transactions.

Did not have the 25th digit only 24 passphrase

Can someone please shed some light on what can be done, if anything? How were both wallets compromised at the same time?! If nothing can be done to retrieve the crytpo, what can be done to prevent this from happening in the future.

submitted by /u/wuay
[link] [comments]

Comments