Just founded an old bitcoin wallet!

Hey everyone, I'm just a guy from Colombia, I came to tell you a little story.

Everything started when my father bought some bitcoin back 2015-2016 and forgot about it.

At the beginning of this year I started following bitcoin, cause I like all the economy stuff and I told my father that bitcoin was raising, he said he just kept some btc but he lost the password, it was kind of frustrating, even with the 35k price, again we forgot about it. I keep following the bitcoin but just as a watcher, till last saturday when I found my old tablet, it had blockchain installed... so I start trying to access, witch was hard cause the tablet had damaged the wifi module and was outdated asf, I shared data with Bluetooth(very rudimentary I know), manually updated blockchain and somehow I remembered the pin.... It had 0.0074 btc, like 420 dollars, I know is little but in my country is more than the minimum mensual wage, that same day I cashed out 300 dollars (I know it wasn't the smartest), it was great, I won some respect with my family lol, spend like 20 bucks with friends (here is enough for a very good restaurant), and I was thinking about reinvesting the rest on interactive brokers but little did I know.

Today my parents where searching a medical email and my father just decided to search bitcoin in all of his emails and let me his phone to review it... I found two old accounts in different apps, I could recover one with 0.2 btc (11k at the moment) just with his email and phone number, the other one is still locked and may have more money(he said he probably lost the notebook with the password but it might be in his workplace), my father just decided to give me that money, he knows I'm going to reinvest or keep it on bitcoin, actually I think the smartest would be holding for a very good while, I wonder how coinbase IPO is going to affect bitcoin price, I'm so excited about this whole world and maybe my father find the rest of the treasure.

I'm sorry if my English isn't the best, thanks for reading ;)

submitted by /u/Average_Magno
[link] [comments]

Comments