Fee Scalability Question

One of the reasons I see bitcoin cash as the best version of bitcoin is simply the low cost of tx fees and speed. It works like effective digital money should, ez pz.

I don't know the exact current median tx fees for BTC and BCH but lately, I've heard numbers like BTC=$15.00USD and BCH=$0.0028USD. Something like that.

Aren't those tx fees partially also just a reflection of the price of the respective cryptocurrencies? I know that BCH has recently surpassed BTC in the number of transactions per day. However, the prices in USD are still massively different. If the price of BCH were to match the price of BTC, wouldn't the transaction fees be well over $0.01 USD? This is part of my frustration with hopes of crypto prices skyrocketing, it seems to only hurt adoption in the usability category. Maybe I'm not understanding it correctly though.

Is there perhaps a way for BCH to track the relative value and always keep it below the equivalent of 1 cent? Maybe I'm missing something? Any clarification would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/LookAtYourEyes
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/m2ihlh/fee_scalability_question/

Comments