Please educate people about Bitcoin's energy use

We need to do better in convincing people Bitcoin is more energy efficient than the systems it replaces.

People constantly attack Bitcoin because they think it is destroying the environment. I'm an environmentalist myself, and I tried to provide helpful information to the r/environment community about bitcoin. Link below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/environment/comments/m7xn1k/bitcoin_is_misunderstood_by_environmentalist/

I was banned for life from the sub within minutes of posting this. They muted me when I asked why I was banned. The post does not violate any rules. EDIT: They also removed all my comments. Lol.

As I mentioned in the post, bitcoin is a trillion-dollar global monetary network that has never been hacked, and it's running on $1B/year in energy costs (22 terawatt hours at market rates). A TRILLION dollar network running on 1% energy costs.

That's the point we need to drive home to my fellow environmentalist. Eventually, they will understand Bitcoin is orders of magnitude better than its alternatives.

submitted by /u/michaelb1
[link] [comments]

Comments