10 minute block times so frustrating.

I wish we could update bch to have maybe 1 minute blocks. I know, "zero-conf is safe" and "avalanche will solve it".

But, I can't even count on both hands (and feet), the number of times I've been trying to do something with bitcoin/bitcoin cash, and I end up having to stop what I'm doing for 10,20,30+ minutes while I wait for a block to get mined (or more).

Whether it's depositing to an exchange, or trying to test some SLP development (as I'm doing now), it sucks.

It was 40 minutes between blocks just now, as I was waiting for a transaction to clear so I could have a tiny bit of BCH on an address so I could test minting an SLP NFT parent.

If we made blocks 10x easier (and 1/10th the reward), it would make the experience more than 10x better. Not to mention the fact you'd actually get more "security" faster (it's exponentially harder to mine 60 1 minute blocks in a row than it is to mine 6 10 minute blocks).

I know, what about orphan blocks? I'm sure 1 minute block times would be fine. But, we could always start slow and just go to 5 minute blocks (hell, or even 8 minute blocks!). Then when (surprise, surprise) it's fine, we can decide later to go even faster or not. Just like raising the block size... the sky will not fall!

Please?!

submitted by /u/zhoujianfu
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/mnvlri/10_minute_block_times_so_frustrating/

Comments