I'm working on a digital store platform using BitcoinCash called Bubble, and I'd like to know what features you'd like to have in a digital media store system!

I'm working on a digital store platform using BitcoinCash called Bubble, and I'd like to know what features you'd like to have in a digital media store system!

Bubble is a completely open source, self hosted, BitcoinCash based, digital content store. That's quite the mouthful, but as far as I know, its one of the very few programs of its kind. When I wanted a platform that would allow me to sell digital content without violating my user's privacy, I couldn't find a solution that fit my needs. That's why I created Bubble!

A few hours ago a made another post about this same program. Since then I've fully tested the system from start to finish, and polished everything up. I think everything is ready to go, but before the official release I'd like to get some feedback on what features users would like to have in a digital store-front. Below are some screenshots so you can visualize the process a bit better.

The main store interface

The payment interface

As a content creator, Bubble allows you to enter your products into an easy to understand database, as shown in this screenshot.

Product database

This is the one and only place you have to enter your product information. Using this database, the system will automatically generate the layout on the main store page, as well as all of the payment information. That isn't to say Bubble isn't customizable though. Using the configuration file you can specify everything from the color of the background gradient to whether you'd like to show a "BitcoinCash accepted here" message on the front page of your store. Here is a screenshot of a portion the configuration file.

Configuration file

As a single person developer, I've put a lot of effort into Bubble, and I'm really proud of these features:

  • Open Source
    • Bubble and all of it's dependencies are completely open source, allowing you to study and audit the code yourself.
  • Self Hosted
    • Bubble doesn't require you use any third party services. Everything you need to automatically accept payments is hosted on your own server!
  • Private
    • Bubble is designed to be as privacy respecting as possible for users
  • Modern
    • Bubble is designed in a clean and modern aesthetic.
  • Mobile Friendly
    • Bubble is designed to be visually appealing on both large desktop screens, and small mobile devices.
  • JavaScript Free
    • Bubble doesn't require JavaScript and is fully functional without it.
  • Well Documented
    • All of the source code for Bubble is well documented and easy to understand.
  • Lightweight
    • Bubble doesn't contain bulky raster images or other elements that could slow down web-page loading. Bubble loads quickly and efficiently without compromising on aesthetics.
  • Convenient
    • Bubble is designed with convenience and easy of use in mind. Settings and configuration values are kept in centralized files where they can be cleanly laid out.
  • Highly Configurable
    • Bubble's configuration file, `config.php` allows plenty of customization without ever modifying the source code of other pages.
  • Accessible
    • Out of the box, Bubble is easily accessible to those with visual impairments, and is fully accessibility compliant.

My question to you all is: What additional functionality or customization would you like to see added to Bubble? I think I've got a solid foundation, but I always like to see what actual users may want too.

Thank you for the input!

submitted by /u/v0lttech
[link] [comments]


source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/ml0wkc/im_working_on_a_digital_store_platform_using/

Comments