How I bought a $200k home with over $1 mil in Bitcoin

Step by Step

  1. Make offer for $200k home Sept 2020
  2. Get mortgage application rejected due to low income/debt ratio (in spite of enough assets to purchase the home 25 X over.)
  3. Sell 20 BTC to purchase home ($10,000 per BTC)
  4. Watch BTC go to over $50,000 over the next few months.
  5. Pay $8,000 in capital gains taxes

Lesson learned. I will NEVER sell my BTC again.

Unpopular opinion: Yes I know, "NEVER talk about how much BTC you have." I disagree with this for several reasons. 1. I feel fairly secure with this anonymous account created with a newly generated email. 2. I have instituted best practices for security in all of my accounts. 3. I have turned off all chat and PM. 4. I'm the only one who has access to my accounts unless I die. 5. I really don't have this much BTC, I'm making it up.

I'm fairly confident about this philosophy, but I'm open to learning where I may be wrong.

submitted by /u/DerpDolphin2017
[link] [comments]

Comments